Childhood Cancer Awareness Events for 2010
September 3, 2010 | Jennifer Louis
What follows is a list of events throughout Tennessee being held in conjunction with National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. This project was created by the Tennessee Cancer Coalition Childhood Action Team and childhood cancer organizations throughout the state. For information about joining the Coalition, email email@example.com
- 9/1 – 9/30: Shop Local:Shop Hope Local Chattanooga stores help raise money and awareness for the Austin Hatcher Foundation for pediatric cancer. Foundation goals include empowering children and families with the tools to cope and thrive at the onset of pediatric cancer. Get a full list of stores or call 423-834-4443.
- 9/1 at 3p.m. ET: Tennessee Cancer Coalition (TC2) Childhood Cancer Action Team Northeast/Johnson City region inaugural meeting at Niswonger Children’s Hospital. For more information call 423-431-1014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9/2 at 9a.m. CT: ABC-123 Healthy Kids in Tennessee Training program for Northside Baptist Preschool in Rutherford County. Curriculum includes a childhood cancer awareness module for parents/teachers. For more information call 615-847-3081 or email email@example.com
- 9/3 at 11:30 a.m. CT: ABC-123 Healthy Kids in Tennessee Training program for Temple Academy in Nashville. Curriculum includes a childhood cancer awareness module for parents/teachers. For more information call 615-847-3081 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9/8 at 11:30 a.m. CT: Tennessee Cancer Coalition (TC2) Middle TN Meeting will recognize Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
- 9/10 at 8p.m. ET: 46 Mommas Shave for the Brave on Stand Up To Cancer, a nationwide simulcast on all major networks.
- 9/12 at 7 p.m. ET: Taste of Hamilton Place at Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga. Attendees will savor specialty food samples, meet the chefs, and stroll from station to station enjoying musical entertainment to benefit T.C. Thompson Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- 9/14 6p.m. CT: Hope on the Hill Event includes wine, hors d’oeuvres & music at Arrington Vineyards. The Hoover Hope Foundation helps families with the financial burdens of treatment, supports pediatric cancer research, promotes awareness, and funds local treatment facilities in Tennessee.
- 9/18 Franklin 4 The Cure Morning walk/run and festival and evening concert to benefit Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt. Westhaven (HWY 96 West) in Franklin.
- 9/18 at 7p.m. ET: Kickin’ It for Kids with Cancer Lee University Lady Flames are hosting a benefit game for the Austin Hatcher Foundation for pediatric cancer. Purchase your $5 event T-shirt and wear it to the game. Call 423-834-4443.
- 9/21 at 6 p.m CT: Kid Support Free, 10-week program at Gilda’s Club in Nashville for children ages 5-17 who have family members or friends with cancer and for children who have/had cancer themselves to promote discussions and teach relaxation and coping skills. For more information and to register, call 615-329-1124 or email email@example.com
- 9/25 at 10a.m.- 2p.m. CT: Teammates For Survivors Educational Activities and games for families hosted by the REACH for Survivorship program at Vanderbilt University.
- 9/25 at 7p.m. ET: Celebration of Life and Hope The Austin Hatcher Foundation’s 2nd Annual Fundraising event is a night of fabulous food, specialty drinks designed by Patron Tequila, live entertainment and unique Live and Silent Auction Items. To purchase tickets call 423-834-4443.
- 9/27 Butterfly Fund Golf Tournament at Fox Den Country Club in Knoxville. Register by 9/13! The objective of the fund is to raise money to support local, regional and national pediatric cancer research, treatments and services, including East Tennessee Children’s Hospital.
- 9/28 at 2:00 p.m. CT: Beyond The Cure Teleconference at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt hosted by Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Candlelighters of Middle TN.
Early October events:
- 10/1 – 10/2: Petit Le Mans Charity Weekend Road Atlanta and The American Le Mans Series hosts children and families from the Austin Hatcher Foundation with free trackside hospitality, lunch, pace car laps and much more. For more information call 423-834-4443.
- 10/3 at 9:30 a.m. ET: Post Petit Le Mans Charity Motorcycle Charity Ride The ride starts with a lap around Road Atlanta and then rides off into the twisties of North Georgia.
- 10/3 at 2 p.m. CT: We Care for Kids Day A free, fun, family event celebrating children and families at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt. Booths include: Childhood Cancer Reunion, TN Cancer Coalition, and Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- 10/7 at 6 p.m. CT: Light The Night A walk in honor of families whose lives have been changed due to cancer, hosted by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society at LP Field in Nashville.
- 10/21 at 6 p.m. ET: Light the Night. A walk in honor of families who lives have been changed due to cancer, hosted by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on the University of Tennessee campus in Knoxville.
Be an Advocate for Childhood Cancer Research!